New tools tackle stray light and simulate more photoluminescent materials, plus mobility and usability improvements increase ease of use
New stray light analysis tools help identify and block unwanted rays in optical systems and streamline stray light analysis to deliver accurate, consistent results faster. Optical engineers working on biomedical, automotive lighting, and other applications that use phosphors and fluorescent materials can now model a wider range of these materials. Usability improvements include faster rendering of analysis windows, and faster results in Layout plots and Shaded Model plots when modifying designs. Plus, you can now transfer your soft key license from one computer to another in two easy steps. This release includes the new Bernhard Halle Lens Catalog, new Nikon Material Catalog, and updated catalogs from NHG, Ohara, Zeon, and Hoya.
|OpticStudio 16.5’s new stray light analysis tools help identify and block unwanted rays in optical systems and streamline non-sequential stray light analysis to deliver accurate, consistent results faster. New capabilities include:
- Measure the impact of mechanical mounts or the effects of stray light with the new Non-sequential geometric MTF calculation
- Isolate critical data quickly and specify the quantity of rays to investigate in Ray Database filesby by using new ZRD Filter strings
- Quickly display stray light paths in the Layout and Shaded Model system viewers by using new Filter strings to limit the number of rays
Available in Premium Edition
||OpticStudio 15 introduced modeling for phosphors and fluorescent materials. Based on user feedback, we expanded this capability in OpticStudio 16.5 so you can model a wider range of phosphors and fluorescent materials. New capabilities include:
- Simulate photoluminescence in non-scattering materials more accurately with the newly decoupled Mie scattering and wavelength shifting
- Modify the color temperature of phosphors and fluorescent materials with the new Photoluminescence Mean Free Path setting
- Use the new Photoluminescence Mie Particle Density setting to increase angular uniformity and reduce color-over angle effects
Zemax OpticStudio V15_SR1
OpticStudio 15 adds speed, capability, convenience, and flexibility to the most widely used optical and illumination design software in the industry.
- Optimize classic lens designs 18x faster, easier, and with better results
- Added mobility for multi-user network systems with software licensing
- Incorporate high-resolution holograms and phase masks into optical system designs
- Deeper, easier visualization of 2D/3D optical system designs
- Faster Optimization for Classic Lens Designs (All Editions) – a new merit function wizard in OpticStudio 15.5 enables separate, user defined glass and air boundary constraints for each surface of an imaging or afocal system. Splitting the constraints into separate targets delivers speed improvements up to 18x faster with better results.
- Deeper Visualization of 2D/3D Systems and Data (All Editions) – usability improvements in OpticStudio 15.5 enable you to see multiple aspects of your designs, easier, faster and with greater detail. Improvements include:
- Active overlay for analyses to combine similar data onto a single plot for easy comparison.
- 2D/3D layouts now support 3D space mouse devices and improved annotation for better visual control.
- Through-focus-spot and full-field-spot analyses now support dynamic data visualization controls for deeper, detailed visual analysis.