RSoft_Photonic_System_Design_ Suite_ 2017_training_manual_torrent
RSoft Photonic System Design Suite Version 2017
Discrete Multi-Tone Modulation Format for Automotive and Ethernet Links
In the RSoft OptSim™ tool, new discrete multi-tone (DMT) modulation format functions are available in the digital signal processing library to model and simulate DMT-based data links. The DMT format uses light intensity for modulation over multiple subcarriers, which provides higher spectral efficiency. It is particularly useful for optimizing the performance of short-reach applications such as automotive data links, access networks as well as 100G and 400G Ethernet-based data center links.
Latest AIM Photonics Process Design Kit and PDAFlow Libraries for PIC Design
The RSoft OptSim Circuit tool includes the latest American Institute for Manufacturing Integrated Photonics (AIM Photonics) Process Design Kit (PDK), version 1.0b. The PDK helps PIC designers access leading-edge silicon photonics technology to generate PICs for fabrication through AIM Photonics multi-project wafer facilities. OptSim Circuit users will be able to access the PDK elements, generate schematics and simulate circuit performance prior to exporting net lists for mask generation. In addition, OptSim Circuit includes new and updated libraries for supporting PDAFlow-compatible PDKs for PIC fabrication.
New Design Features for Large-Core Multimode Fiber Optic Systems
The RSoft ModeSYS™ tool includes new features for the design and analysis of large-core multimode fiber optic systems used in applications ranging from mega data centers to automotive data links:
- Support for large-core fiber power-versus-angle signal domain across select models. The feature extends the large-core multimode fiber’s numerically efficient power-versus-angle approach for signal propagation to other models in ModeSYS to model a complete data transmission link.
- A new large-core connector model that is computationally more efficient than conventional spatial field-profile based connector models.
RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite Version 2017
New and enhanced features in the RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite version 2017 include:
- Sentaurus TCAD interface usability improvements, including support for dispersive materials and dynamic updating of materials and simulation domain. The RSoft-Sentaurus TCAD interface enables unified simulation of advanced opto-electronic devices.
- Support for general monitor objects in BeamPROP. This allows broader use of BeamPROP with the Sentaurus TCAD interface for applications such as waveguide photodetectors. Speeds simulations of waveguide photodetectors by as much as 100x.
- Improved BSDF scattering calculation, including more robust scattering calculations of polarization-dependent effects.
- Enhanced RSoft CAD environment hierarchy features, including the ability to publicize design variables and allow a wider range of variables such as material choice. This enhances the ability to generate reusable sub-circuits and is utilized in the unit cell library for the dynamic array feature.
- Updated remaining 32-bit utilities, including MOST™, to 64 bit.